Tuesday, December 13, 2011

N Double C

When I first moved to North Carolina, I didn't know a soul. That was very difficult for me. I didn't like it here and didn't want to. But God showed me the sooner I stopped having an attitude the better everything would be.
In 2010, after we found a church we liked, I started to meet people. One of them was a blonde, blue eyed girl named Katie. She came up to me and introduced herself and I instantly liked her. After that day we just clicked. That following week I went to a youth lock-in our church was having. Katie was there and she brought her friend, Courtney. They came up to me and Courtney introduced herself. That day changed my life forever.
Since then we've spent so many hours visiting, planning trips, and just enjoying each others company. In December of 2010 Katie wanted to take a trip up to Greensboro, NC to visit some colleges and to see Courtney who was attending Salem College. I went along and let me tell ya, we had the greatest time! We went shopping, explored the colleges that surrounded the area, and of course took LOTS of pictures! The day before we left the three of us went to a mall. We went into Claire's Courtney mentioned she wanted to find a necklace. After looking around she found a heart. Not just any heart, it was a heart that was divided into three little Necklaces. It said "best friends forever''. When she showed it to me and Katie I felt like my heart was going to burst. I heard a voice say, " these girls aren't going anywhere". I thought I was going to lose it. I had already moved so far away from my other friends so it made me scared I would lose any new friends I met. God knew exactly the kind of friends I needed and he gave me two! Two precious girls who I will grow into womanhood with, cook, become wives, and have children for us all to raise with. So I now realize moving out here wasn't a bad thing. It was something God destined to happen.
So now I'm going to tell you 5 things I love most about my girls :)


Katie
1. Her motherly ways.
2. Love for music
3. Her desire to love and be all that God wants her to be.
4. Her laugh.
5. How she says " oh girrrrlll " when she says something funny or important.

Courtney.
1. Her love for nature, especially Squirrels. I now call her Squirrely.
2. Her work ethic and determination to get things done, like school.
3. Her sweet words when I'm down.
4. Her love for Starbucks.
5. The fact that she came up with a name to call us; N double C. Katie's name is actually Catherine, but we call her katie for short :).

Here are some pictures form the N Double C adventures! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment